Wednesday, April 20, 2011

WIP Wednesday, April 20th

The main thing that is in full swing this week is...

SPRING BREAK!!

Finally, spring break is here and so is spring. Both have been a long time coming this year. We just got back from four days in Williamsburg, had a very nice time. It's a very special place for us, it's where Man of the House and I met and fell in love (awwww!) and where we spent our first three years of married life. I got my bachelor's degree at William and Mary, and hubby did his graduate work there. We still have some friends who live there and it was so nice to visit with them. And it was our first visit there when the kids were old enough to appreciate the historic stuff, so we did a bunch of touristy stuff in Colonial Williamsburg and Jamestown.

We saw lots of the usual sights of Williamsburg:

The Wren Building (on the W&M campus)
wren

The Governor's Palace
P1030809

The Magazine
magazine

Miss G hanging out with Thomas Jefferson
gracetj

Man of the House ended up in the stocks--well-deserved I am sure!
stocks

And there were tulips in bloom EVERYWHERE, it was absolutely gorgeous.
P1030836

tulips

We had a very nice time! And now the Teenager is off to the second half of her excitement, her long-delayed trip to NYC to see Phantom of the Opera. This is the trip that was supposed to happen after Christmas but got wiped out by that pesky blizzard. She is beyond excited! And Miss G and I get to hang out at home by ourselves for a couple of days and settle back in after vacation. I'm looking forward to some down time.

No new crochet to show you today, I made a couple of blanket squares and did a few more rows on the prayer shawl while I was away. I'm hoping to have something new on the hook next week tho--if I can just decide which project I want to make!

7 comments:

paula said...

I fell in love with the Governors house. If I ever became independently wealthy, I would like to copy it. And, the way they drained rain away rom the house sure beats down spouts.

Kimberly and Abby said...

What a fun vacation!

CozySpirit said...

Very cool! :-)

Heather - The Good Life said...

Looks like a wonderful trip. I'm looking forward to going there in the next few years with my family. Spring looks like a pretty time to visit. Have a great day! :-)

Nancy McCarroll said...

W&M is SO pretty! Nice pictures...

Shanti said...

Your vacation sounds idillic... I loved the tulips! And I'm sure Miss G and you will have wonderful days!!!
When I turned 20, my dad took me to NYC for a week of theatre plays!!! I can feel the excitement of the Teenager!

Gracey is not my name.... said...

I've always wanted to visit here....someday!

And thanks for the video of the coral reef. I have yet to see it. I should have gone when it was in NYC, but I didn't make it...