Wednesday, April 13, 2011

WIP Wednesday, 4/13/11

Can't believe it's Wednesday again. Time just keeps flying by, we're nearly halfway through April already! (Got your taxes done yet?)

I don't have anything brand new to show you, but I did get a LOT done on my prayer shawl this week! It helped that I had an all day training seminar yesterday and I crocheted for about seven hours during the talks. And I would have gotten more done but I ran out of yarn lol! Here was my prayer shawl last week (13 rows finished):

P1030684

And now today--37 rows done!

P1030781

The pattern only calls for 6 more rows before doing the edging, but I think I may want it a bit wider than that. But I feel like a made great progress this week! I'm itching to start some new things but I don't crochet for myself during Lent, so for the next ten days I'll keep working on the prayer shawl and blanket squares.

I also wanted to show you some lovely crochet I found at a thrift store:

P1030783

It's a dresser scarf, or small table runner perhaps, about 44 inches long. It's in very good condition, but I really don't have any place I would put it on a dresser or table. I'd love to incorporate it into something else, like stitch it to some fabric and make it into a bag maybe? I'd love to hear any ideas any of you might have for something to do with it!

Happy crocheting!

7 comments:

Shannon said...

What about using the runner to make clothing? Maybe part of a skirt, or could you add more to it and make it into a prayer shawl?

Tami Klockau said...

Wow, that runner is gorgeous! What a great find.

I love your prayer shawl. Very pretty! Thanks for participating in WIPW this week!

Affiknitty said...

Your prayer shawl is very pretty.

Kristine Mullen said...

Love that runner! It has so many possibilities!

Stitchingupastorm said...

I love your prayer shawl, your stitches look so nice! What pattern are you using for it?

-Stitchingupastorm
www.stitchingupastormcrochet.blogspot.com

Kimberly and Abby said...

I think the table runner would make a lovely bag with some plain background fabric in a dark color to help the crochetwork stand out.

Your shawl is wonderful! My arms would be killing me after 7 hours of crocheting in one day.

- said...

The shawl is so pretty and I love the color. That runner really great.