Friday, April 1, 2011

Crochet and Knitting Blog Week--Day 5

blog week
2KCBWDAY5

Day Five: 1st April. And now for something completely different!

HAPPY APRIL!! Now if spring weather would just get off its butt and get here, I'll be eternally grateful. Today's topic for Crochet and Knitting Blog Week:

This is an experimental blogging day to try and push your creativity in blogging to the same level that you perhaps push your creativity in the items you create.
There are no rules of a topic to blog about (though some suggestions are given below) but this post should look at a different way to present content on your blog. This can take one of many forms, but here a few suggestions:
•Wordless, photographic post
•Video blog post
•Podcast
•Cartoon/sketch of an idea
•Write about a subject from a different perspective (for example, you could write about a day in the life of a knitted sock from the point of view of the sock).
•Interpretive modern dance (why does someone always suggest this?)
•A poem or piece of rhyming verse
•Stop motion animation


Cripes! Usually I can be pretty good at this type of thing but my muse must be on vacation in the Bahamas or something. Stupid muse. Anyway, out of this list there wasn't much I could choose from, since I have no idea how to do a video blog or a podcast, and you do NOT want to see me do an interpretive modern dance, trust me.

So, since I'm rather addicted to word puzzles of all varieties, I created a word search for you! I had a lot of fun making the puzzle, and I hope you enjoy solving it.

ws2

Now, since this thing looks rather on the small side here (particularly if you have "not young" eyes like I do and spend at least half your time tilting your head every which way in order to read what's on the page in front of you. Not that I'm old or anything), just click on this link here, and then right click on the picture and choose "Print Picture". (If you're in Firefox you may just have to print the Flickr page itself.)

I'm so looking forward to reading other blogs today and seeing what creative things everyone came up with! Have a great Friday.

16 comments:

ewenique said...

This is brilliant!!!! You are AMAZING! i LUV it!

Good job!

Anonymous said...

I love it :D will so have to print this off later

A Playful Day said...

I'm never going to get anything done today am I????

Unknown said...

oh how fun is this - thanks for all the work you put into it!

Karen said...

Excellent idea!

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is really original! Thanks for taking the time to do this.

Becky said...

Totally original, I love it!

Mel said...

That made me smile- will print it off and give it a go :D

Anonymous said...

This is so clever!! Well done!

Jen Mc said...

VERY clever! I'll have to play it later. Thanks for sharing your creative post.

Stefanie said...

Awesome! So original!

Voie de Vie said...

Too cool - I have never created a puzzle! Move over Will Shortz - the knitting puzzles are a-coming. :)

Sue ~ Granny's World said...

I confess it was you that gave me the idea for the crossword!!

Misty said...

Gah, I love word games. I like that you came up with such a creative idea for a post. Way to go! I will try this out tomorrow when I install a new ink cartridge in my printer. :)

Misty
www.crochetyourway.com

Hope Creations said...

I love your wordsearch. Great idea!

Knitted Goth said...

Great fun, an absolutely excellent idea. I used to make puzzle books for my sister so I know just how much effort they can take. Love it.