Saturday, April 2, 2011

Crochet and Knitting Blog Week--Day 6

blog week
2KCBWDAY6

Day six: 2nd April. Something to aspire to.

Is there a pattern or skill that you don’t yet feel ready to tackle but which you hope to (or think you can only dream of) tackling in the future, near or distant? Is there a skill or project that makes your mind boggle at the sheer time, dedication and mastery of the craft? Maybe the skill or pattern is one that you don’t even personally want to make but can stand back and admire those that do. Maybe it is something you think you will never be bothered to actually make bu can admire the result of those that have.

Oh this is an easy one for me! I want to crochet jewelry. With beads and wire and yarn. I especially want to make necklaces. There are lots of awesome earrings out there but I don't have pierced ears, so I'm not into wearing earrings.

I'm talking about things like this:

Three more

And this:

necklace 024

And this!

Wire crochet flower bracelet

I've made exactly one thing in wire crochet so far, a pendant, and I did this about 2 years ago.

P1030676

(it's a leaf)

Why haven't I done any more? I think it's a matter of how and where I craft. Which is a perfect segue into tomorrow's topic, so I'll leave you with a cliffhanger until then! Tune in tomorrow, Same Craft Time, Same Craft Channel!

(20 bonus points if you are as old as me and get that pun.)

Have a fabulous crafty weekend!

Oh, and don't forget the Books and Hooks Giveaway! Drawing will be Sunday April 3rd at 5 pm eastern US time.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those pieces were gorgeous. I'm sure when you do make more they will come out amazing

A Playful Day said...

Those pieces are gorgeous- get crafting woman!

Gracey is not my name.... said...

I have not made crocheted jewerly, but have branched out into making jewerly. I d have all the materials for it, just haven't tried it yet..

Stefanie said...

I've never thought of crocheted jewelry. I learned about something new today; mahalo! Your leaf was very neat!

Moonie said...

I like your leaf, and recognized it for what it is almost immediately :) Using crochet to make jewelry is something I never thought of either. What a gorgeous skill to aspire to!

CozySpirit said...

Ooooooooooh, pretty! You should make more of those. Make some now, in fact. They'll make you think of summer. Light, airy...

tishka said...

Crochet jewerly would be a wonderous thing. I think if you start with ornaments first, it'll build your confidence (also easier to see!)

Kristine Mullen said...

I'd love to work on some jewelry too. I look forward to seeing what you create!

NAnn said...

Kapowie! You'll do great with jewelry, you sure did with the leaf! ZAM!?!
hhhmm, Maybe my fascination with invented words began while watching Batman, in my childhood!

Genki said...

I really like the crocheted jewellery, it looks amazing. I hope you get some time to dedicate to making some.