Thursday, December 16, 2010

Winter must be here...

It's snowing out there today. We do often get some snow here in Maryland in December, usually just enough to look pretty and to royally mess up the roads and people's plans! You may have heard just a bit in the news last winter about the snow we got around here--Snowpocalypse, Snowmageddon, etc! Frankly I'd be happy to have no snow at all this winter, but I guess a little is to be expected right?

Here's what my front yard looks like this afternoon:

joy10

You can still see the blades of grass under the snow. But for comparison here is what it looked like a year ago, December 19, 2009 when we got a foot and a half:

joy2009

Poor baby Jesus is completely buried! And Mary's head is barely visible above the snow. I'm hoping not to see any snow that deep for a long, long time!

3 comments:

Pam Sykes (aka Pretty Knitty) said...

Those photos are what I LOVE about blogging...they tell the whole story! Merry Christmas!

Erin said...

Oh I love these decorations! We have had plenty of snow here in Ohio this year as well. Only we cannot see the grass sticking out anymore AND they are calling for more accumulating snow Monday night.

Happy Holidays to you!

- said...

No snow here at all for the moment. Your decorations are beautiful. Thanks for stopping by and I'm a new follower!