Thursday, January 13, 2011

No snow day here!

The weather gods seem to be taking pity on us this year, once again a major storm has gone by and barely touched us. We got MAYBE a couple of inches Tuesday night, and schools only had a 2-hour delay on Wednesday. Yay! Now if we could just get temperatures up in the 40's where they are supposed to be, I wouldn't feel so darned cold all the time!

And in other news, a big thank you to Shanti at Wires and Yarns who has passed along this award!



It's nice to know that some people are reading my blog, I know I'm not the most profound or talented person out here, but I almost always have something to say lol!

So--as part of the award I'm supposed to tell you 7 things about myself.

1. I married the first real boyfriend I ever had. We met when I was a junior in college and we will celebrate our 27th wedding anniversary in June!

2. I've had bright red hair all my life and HATED it when I was a kid! But I've grown to appreciate my hair and the attention it brings as I've gotten older.

3. I'm an American but lived in Canada (Vancouver) for 3 years back in the late 1980's. States I've lived in are Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Virginia, and Maryland.

4. I did 2 master's degrees in 4 years and never wanted to see the inside of a classroom again!

5. Cross stitch used to be my crafting love, but I haven't done any in years. I think I would have to use a magnifier now, I have "old eyes" and have a terrible time seeing things up close, with or without glasses. Crochet is much easier on the eyes!

6. My eyes are 48 years old, along with the rest of my parts. Some days my parts feel alot older than that tho.

7. My secret fantasy is to quit my job and buy an alpaca farm. I'd have a bed and breakfast where I could host fiber weekends, and we could spin yarn from my own alpacas!

Now I'm supposed to pass along the Stylish Blogger award to 15 other bloggers that I like. So here are some of my favorites that I hope you will enjoy too!

FutureGirl.com
Suzie's Stuff
Enthusiastic Crochetoholic
Tickety-boo
The Sunroom
Hooked on Crochet
The Diary and Blog of a Crazy Crocheting Fool
The Left Side of Crochet
Suz Place
Northern Hi-lights
Itchin' Stitchin'
Butternut Street
I'd Rather Be Knooking
Cozy Spirit
Everyday Ephemera

I didn't get a "W.I.P. Wednesday" post done yesterday, due to not getting the anticipated snow day, but I hope to have something new on the hook to show you next week!

7 comments:

Northern Hi-Lights said...

Hi Julie - love your seven facts! I am a redhead too (or ginger, as they call it here in the UK - red is better!) and like yourself have grown to appreciate it! Thanks for passing on the award, I will try and come up with some interesting facts this week! Elaine x

Itchin' Stitchin' said...

Thanks for the award :)!!!

Wormie said...

Hi Julie!
Thanks for the award!
I've enjoyed reading your blog. Liked your facts!!

~Niki~ said...

Thank you for the award Julie! xoxo hugs

- said...

Congrats on your award! Loved reading your fun facts too. Alpacas huh? There are a few farms with them near here.

Sue Pinner said...

Thanks so much for the award hugs x

futuregirl said...

How sweet are you? Thanks! :)