Wednesday, March 16, 2011

WIP Wednesday--March 16

Happy Wednesday! The weekend is getting closer, hooray. I know Wednesday is my usual day to show you some work-in-progress I've got going, but today I want to show off a very special Finished Object instead.

Taa Daaaa!!!!

smile

Yes, Miss G got her braces off yesterday!! We are all very excited. It's been over 2 years of trips to the orthodontist, food restrictions, pain and nuisance, but what a beautiful smile now. She keeps telling me her teeth feel strange, I'm sure they do! She gets her retainers tomorrow but only has to wear them full time for a couple of weeks, then only between dinner and breakfast. No worries about accidentally throwing them away with the lunch trash at school.

Thanks for letting me crow about this today. Back to yarn stuff tomorrow, I promise!

6 comments:

Carol said...

What a beautiful smile. Well done Miss G., it has all been worth it and you will appreciate those lovely teeth even more in the future.
I wore braces as a child but gave up. However, I did have another, successful, "go" in my 40's.
Carol xx

Pam Sykes (aka Pretty Knitty) said...

Super Yay! My daughter was floating in the clouds when she got hers off. . .she just couldn't stop smiling. . .smile on, there, Girlie!!!

Shanti said...

Congrats!!! I know that's a wonderful feeling!!

Mindy said...

GORGEOUS smile! Congratulations!!!

Teresa Kasner said...

What a pretty and white and even smile.. bravo for her!!

Hugs from Oregon, USA -- Teresa :-)

- said...

Such a beautiful smile! And no more orthodontist trips, yay!!