Wednesday, May 25, 2011

WIP Wednesday May 25

It's Wednesday again? ALREADY?? And the last Wednesday in May, too. Our weather is getting decidedly more summer-like around here this week. Don't like the hot and humid, nope nope nope. I'd better finish my prayer shawl before it gets too hot to have the thing on my lap!

But no prayer shawl to show today, instead I have a new square (and another started) that I've made for my favorite charity, Knit-a-Square. I'm rather behind on my goal of nine squares per month, but I know I'll catch up when I have vacation time and trips over the summer. Anyway, here's this new pattern I LOVE:

P1040046

I'm still working through all the purples that I got in my yarn swap back in February, lol! Remember this?

P1030579

I got this pattern from Skye's Images of Life blog. She starts with a chain 46, but for me a chain 31 gave me a square about 7 inches wide, then I added a hdc border to bring it up to 8 inches for Knit-a-Square. I think I will make several of these! And to see what other folks are up to for WIP Wednesday, just hop on over and visit Tami's Ami's blog.

And I can't let today go by without mentioning another special Work-in-Progress. A very long-term project in fact, one that's been going on for exactly twelve years today! Happy birthday, Miss G--we love you!

gracetj

4 comments:

paula said...

Being a retired 6th grade teacher, I L*O*V*E those 12 year WIP's! You never ever want them to be finished . . you want to see them grow and grow in all different directions.

Happy Birthday, Miss "Almost" a Teen Ager!

Nicky said...

Happy B'day to your most precious WIP!!!!!

Tami Klockau said...

Awww, happy birthday to her! Does it scare you she's almost a teen? Yikes! LOL

I love the look of that square. I may have to try one for myself!

Mindy said...

Oh, I love those colors!

Happy Birthday to the sweet 12-year-old!